Sunday, March 22, 2009

Welcome Spring!

Now that it is officially Spring, I am really looking forward to getting active again outside. During the Winter, I have to admit it - I was very sedentary. I am very out of shape right now compared to a year or two ago. I let work and the cold get in the way and hardly did any walking at all this Winter. Not getting active of course has allowed extra pounds to creep on - so I am looking forward to getting active outside again. I miss getting outside with my sunglasses on and going for incredibly long walks in the sunshine. I just hope that the weather will cooperate enough to get back on track! I can't wait for the sunny months ahead! Until then I resolve to get on my treadmill at least every other day for a half an hour. I also want to start walking back and forth to work again - I miss that too!

I have a lot under my belt right now to be honest. Lots going on! Report cards are due in a few weeks. I have a week of teaching and then will be a mentor to two student teachers for a month at work. I am still doing puppy kindergarten classes. Still training and dealing with a little puppy - who by the way is absolutely awesome - 100% housetrained and we've had her less than 2 months now! I want to also get back to the gym -- my gym membership has been sorely not used.

So here's my Spring goal:
1) Start walking to and from work again except for rainy or busy days
2) Lose some Winter weight
3) Start eliminating the junk food again - it is getting OUT of control
4) Getting hubby on track with HIS eating.
5) Start eating a hypoglycemic diet way

My friend Lisa have made it official. We have registered to participate in the Detroit Free Press Marathon. Being that both of us are not particularly sporty, we entered for the half marathon (13 miles) non competitive walk. That's a good one for us because we can walk or run depending on what level of fitness we reach come October 18th. That's good because we don't know where our exercise will take us.

Lisa has invited me to join her little running club. I guess she has a group of about five people who are starting to meet up to do some serious walking and to build up to running. One of the friends is a real marathoner and she'll be our "trainer". Apparently we are quite a group of walkers who are not really in that great of shape so we are all supposed to be a good match for one another. LOL! I ordered two books on amazon to get me motivated and will now have to think ahead to getting a passport since the marathon goes through both Detroit and Windsor and we have to walk/run over the bridge and through the tunnel. Sounds like it will be an adventure!

Dawn

Dawn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Walking - I STHE BEST WAY TO BE IN SHAPE! When I was not so lazy as know, I walk for 3-4 kilometers a day and don't know what is iverweight and heart problems!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.