Monday, March 30, 2009

Week Two

I'm now on week 2 of my get active campaign. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have this cold still hanging around. I started the Friday before our Spring Break (March 13th) so it's been a good two weeks that this cold has been hanging on. It's funny as it is really the first time since surgery that I've even been sick! I went to my doctors and got some glorified cough medicine and the typical "it's a virus...let it run its course" from her but at least the cough medicine has some nice codeine in it that has put me to sleep every night quite nicely.

The plan for Lisa and I and our training for the marathon is to do some walking on Monday and Thursday nights. I had to bow out of Thursday as I was feeling too haggard...but hope this week that we can do the twice a week thing! I'm ready and excited.

I walked to work and home almost every day this week other than when it rained so I managed to do a good two miles every day which has made me feel really good. It's amazing how much a walk can keep you focused and energized. Great for thinking about my day and reflecting upon situations especially when it comes to work issues! And bonus, I lost a few lbs last week :)

Dawn

4 comments:

Susy said...

Dawn...i think of you often and wonder how you are. Hope life is good and happy.

Moved on and wanted you to know...so if you want, here is my new blog. There is a link on shrinkingsusy towards the bottom of the page.

take care of you! hope to hear from you sometime. :)

Susy
http://susyslittlelife.blogspot.com/

blog said...

nice post, thank you
melekler korusun final bölümü izle

Unknown said...

I also want to get rid of winter kilos in spring! Usually I am sitting on a hard diet during 2 weeks and lose near 5 kilos

Lee said...

Hey Dawn, I totally agree that walking does a mind and body good. I want to run a marathon as well so I started jogging a few miles per day then strength training. Being sick is not fun so I definitely feel you on that note.

fat loss factor