Monday, December 29, 2008

It is Wrong?

Is it wrong of me to feel very, very frustrated when I see a poster on a board ask a basic question such as "What am I supposed to be eating right now" or "What is dumping?" as a new post op. I find it so incredibly frustrating that there seem to be so many people that have surgery and don't have a clue as a post op. I don't understand why they haven't made a point to educate themselves.

I see it all the time and I honestly have to quash the desire to say something weird or snippy. I feel such resentment about that and I don't know why. I feel like this surgery is a gift, but you also have to know what you are buying before you purchase the whole deal, you know? I find it frustrating, aggravating....

I find this perplexing to me because I love to help people as newbies. I love to explain things that they don't understand. I love sharing my story. But I do this for newbies - people researching the surgery. I don't expect to have to tell basic concepts of this surgery to people that have already been under the knife. They should know better.... I'm not trying to sound like I'm a know it all but wouldn't you think that they would know the basics of this surgery? I mean in a few odd cases it's because they didn't get any information from their surgeon, but goodness, wouldn't you have done SOME reading on the surgery and what it entails before actually going on the operating table? *sigh*

Frustrating as heck some times.

Dawn

1 comment:

Matthew Wilson said...

It's is all because of the lack of confidence and love to yourself!