Thursday, November 20, 2008

Skin, Glorius Skin

It is interesting to note how so many people run out for plastics after surgery. I think I am an exception to the rule. Plastics is just not something that I feel is a necessity for me. If I had an extra $8,000 lying around, I might very well jump at the chance to get some procedures done but I in no way feel the need to go out and run and get a tummy tuck, liposuction or my breasts done. If you wish to purchase any of these for me feel free to donate to my paypal account (although I will probably end up using this money for books, clothes and Lush! LOL!).

I have seen plastic surgery shows on television often enough to know how painful they are. Excrutiatingly so. Lori in my support group had surgery about a month ago and is now finally starting to say that she doesn't regret it -- so it must be something that is worth the pain...but I don't know. It seems like so much money and I just don't feel the need to save up or get a loan to pay for it as people often do. I guess it is just a matter of priority and for me it doesn't matter much.

Sure there are days that I hate my under arms. The hanging skin isn't very pretty and I definitely could use a pull here and there but it's nothing I really care to pursue at this time. I wonder how many people out there think like me - although I think far more are opting for tummy tucks and all than not. I think if I were to choose a procedure it would be a tummy tuck as that's my bone of contention - our bellies are never flat enough. You could not in a million years ever convince me to do a breast enhancement. Never. Even though I've deflated from a DD to a B, there is no way in heck I would put anything foreign into my body like that. The thought of it just grosses me out. Funny how we all have our differences that way.

So well, are you going to take the plunge and do plastics, my friends?

Dawn

1 comment:

Susy said...

My 2 cents-

No way...no, no, no. I think just like you Dawn! Your not alone. Yes, the extra skin is not attractive. But I'm thinking even if you pull/cut the skin it's still not going to be attractive even after 8 grand. For 1 no matter how I pull the skin it's still is not smooth, there is stretch marks that won't ever disappear and can't be cut away. And how could being cut in a circle with scars be anymore attractive than what's going on with the body now? Different yes, attractive no. Scars are not attractive either. For me the pain would be to much and the pain of the cost could hurt too. I just don't feel I have to go there. WLS for me was for health reasons and to live a life I could enjoy and not dread any longer. I needed help. The risks of staying obese out weighed the risk of me staying obese for the rest of my life. Physically and mentally. And by the way - I hate my arms too! ;)

Keep sharing!

:)