Sunday, November 9, 2008

If you don't know who EggFace is - this is my chance to let you know on a great place to find post-op WLS recipes. EggFace is a poster on obesityhelp who is known for her post op WLS recipes. She had roux en y surgery I believe a few years ago and is a chef. So she's prepared some very friendly post WLS recipes.

Now you don't want to rush out and start making all her sweets recipes right away. As a new post op you still want to limit the 'treats' since they will slow your weight loss down, but she has some very family friendly casseroles and the like on her page.

To be quite honest, when it comes to cooking, I'm really not all that great - and I fuddle mostly with recipes on my favourite site allrecipes.com since sugar is not a big worry for me and all. But three of my absolute favourite recipes are from EggFace and I want to share them with you:

Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg,
seasonings together and place in a oven
proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top
with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven
@ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or
nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually make it
first in the oven and heated the leftovers in
the microwave.

Cottage
Cheese
Pancakes

1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour

Whiz in mini food processor. Spray pan
with non-stick spray. Cook on low till
bubbles appear, flip. Cook till done. Makes
4 small pancakes or 8 silver dollar size.

These are very tender pancakes so smaller
is better for flipping. They won't get any
style points but they taste great. Oodles of
protein too.

Breakfast Bites
(I do them for dinner too!)

5 Eggs
1 cup Shredded Cheese
A mixture of any meats/veggies I’m
craving.(Typically mushrooms, green
peppers, onions, diced tomatoes).

Preheat oven to 350 F. Saute veggies until
golden. Mix all ingredients together. Be
sure veggies and meat mixture has cooled
slightly before adding to egg mixture.
Spoon (I use a small ice cream scoop) into
lightly greased mini muffin tin. Bake for 30
minutes or until centers are firm. Makes 24.

Dawn

1 comment:

Susy said...

Dawn-

It's so good to see you blogging again. I pop over to your OH blog often. I've missed you. Your correct there is a lot to talk about. How are you doing now that some time has passed? What was your low and are you maintaining now? Love to hear about your struggles and joys and everyday life. Good to have you back blogging!

Susy